Thursday, March 5, 2009

Straining

Phase Whatever (Day 15)

K: So, last night was phase one of the straining - my god, it stank!  Seriously, it smelled as bad as it looked.  The smell was rather reminiscent of the scent of our house the morning after a massive night....booze and unclean people.  I was rather concerned that I'd wasted the better half of two weeks with this whole thing, but am feeling much better about it all now...am now half way through the final straining, and it's looking alright!

I initially strained it through some Chux, which got rid of a heap of the crap floating around in the vodka but it still looked god-awful.  It was thrown into the freezer to separate over night, and was looking much better this morning.  Tonight we proceeded with the second part of straining, and I reckon I've come across the best way to strain it...am really happy with the way it's come out, and I don't think it'll need another going over...it looks very clean.  Alright...it looks it urine, but very clean urine.

The final straining operation involved popping some clean cotton fabric into a sieve and gradually pouring the vodka through it.  It's taking quite a long time for it all to filter through, but it's nearly finished now and I'm rapt!

The Steg and I have also had a tiny, tiny little taste and it's really...okay!  Also, have spent quite a large chunk of my working day thinking about it and have decided that 'Bloody Porky' is a better name for the first drink than BLTini.  I now declare you to be 'Bloody Porky'....grey K, hope that's okay?

0 comments:

Post a Comment